Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Apartment Life

I am so done with apartments. I hate them. I hate living 5 feet away from other people. Especially people who sit outside and smoke for hours on end, filling our apartment with that disgusting smell. I feel like for the most part I have been pretty good at putting up with people's freaky ways. I knew going in that I would have to just deal with a lot of the things that would usually annoy me. But after 3 years, I've had enough. I'm sick of the car alarms going off at 3 am, and the leaf blowers or other loud annoying machines that wake me up on Saturday mornings. I'm sick of playing musical parking spaces with our downstairs neighbors. They hate us and we hate them and we're constantly battling for the closer spot. And I think they are pissed at us because of this ball Easton has that we occasionally bounce on the floor. It's about the size of my hand and plastic...how much noise could it make? Apparently a lot, since the downstairs people took a broom or something and let us know that they were annoyed by pounding on their ceiling (our floor). We were super mad because for weeks we have put up with them playing their stupid music really loud and really late on their lame-o surround sound. Seriously, there's nothing worse than hearing Rascal Flats or John Mayer while your apartment shakes at 11 pm. At least play something with a good beat. Apartments totally suck and I can't wait to be rid of them.

8 comments:

Anonymous Voter said...

AMEN!

Lizzy said...

Apartments do suck. We had the same problem with our old downstairs neighbors blaring the same country song over and over and over! It drove me nuts. And they smoked like crazy and had FIVE freaking cats. The smell was disgusting.

At least you get to take the summer off of apartment living though, right?

destiny said...

What's wrong with Rascal Flatts? I am really offended if you are putting down my favorite band?! Come on, you should be glad they are blasting it for you to hear the sweet music!

I'm kidding about the last part, that actually would stink if someone was blasting it! I still love the Rascal Flatts! Oh and let me tell you how wonderful it is to live in a house with no people living attached to you! It is oh so good!

Alifinale said...

Ah man that sucks. I really don't think I could handle the smoking and all that. But hey, crap happens in houses too. We have a squatter next door and dumb neighbors on the other side that have WT kids (adult kids) that rev their engines at 11pm right next to Emery's window. I can't wait to move either.

Tara said...

AMEN AGAIN! Apartments are the shits for sure. Luckily the Mann's are moving (kidding Liz!) so we can take over their apartment and live over nice and quiet Evelyn. Right now we have stupid neighbors above us that I want to punch in the face most days. I mean it sounds like they are just constantly walking across the floor, check that - STOMPING across the floor. Drives me crazy. At least you are getting out soon!

Ilene said...

start bouncing Easton's ball when their stereo is playing. Apartments are not fun. We had an upstairs neighbor with a treadmill. Oh how I hated that year.

the splendid life of us... said...

BUSTED!!!
Hey, glad to see that you have joined the blogger club. (But it would have been nice to know this so I could check your blog out. I only know about it from looking at Brynne's blog and seeing your cute name! ) I think blogging is fun, so enjoy it! Love ya, Brenley Spring

Anonymous said...

Hi Emmer. No apartment here. I have had my share of closed in living spaces. I probably couldn't hear my neighbors anyway. Bad ears you know.