Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ode To Harry Potter

I have to write down my Harry Potter thoughts. Just have to. As dumb as it may seem, these books and movies have been a HUGE part of my life. I owe my new love for reading to Harry Potter and J.K Rowling. Before HP I read text books for school and that was it. I fell in love with the Harry Potter series, and in turn fell in love with reading.


I lived on Privet Drive, went to Hogwarts, played Quidditch, went on field trips to Hogsmeade and learned magic with my friends. Do I sound ridiculous? It's TRUE!!! I was 100 percent immersed in this world, and am sad that it is over. I cannot even wait until I can read these books with Easton.

I cried several times during this last movie.
*when Fred dies
*when Lupin and Tonks die
* when Snape dies (full on sobbing at this point...love him or hate him, he's one of THE BEST characters. I loved him.).
* when Harry is getting ready to go fight Voldemort and Hermione says, "I'll go with you..." Their relationship is my favorite of the whole series. Absolute best friends. Love it.
* before Harry "dies" and he is in the forest surrounded by his mom, dad, Sirius and Lupin.

I was one of those haters in the beginning. I thought everyone reading Harry Potter was a nerd. My brother got me the first book for Christmas as a joke because he knew how I felt. Steve and I were working in the locker room at BYU-I during Christmas break and NO one was on campus so nobody came to work out and that meant I had lots of time to read instead of work. I read the first book in a few hours and was completely hooked and obsessed from then on. I've read them several times since.


Harry Potter 7.2 with Shannon