Thursday, April 5, 2012

Ivy Reese Rogers

I'm finally getting around to blogging about our new addition. Ivy was born on Monday, March 12 at 2:03 pm. It was my easiest and quickest labor and delivery, once it actually got started. I went in to be induced and that first night was a nightmare; full of pain, waiting and no sleep. The hope was that I could go in and have my water broken to get things going instead of getting pitocin. Easier said than done. Apparently my cervix was in a weird spot and the nurses couldn't get to it. But every time they tried it was the most pain I had ever felt. They tried several times throughout the night and every time they walked in to try again I would cry because I knew the pain that was coming. I was getting so discouraged and worried that they might just send me home, but they called my dr and decided to just go ahead and give me a little pitocin to get things rolling. I went in at midnight and they started the pit at 5. By 7:30 the contractions had started getting regular. By 8:45 I had my epidural and finally I was comfortable. Although it didn't work all the way on one side, so I still felt some pretty good contractions until we got the dr to give me another shot of epidural...then I was more numb than I had ever been and couldn't feel a thing. I was getting a little worried I wouldn't be able to push. When the time came, I tried to do what I thought was pushing, but mainly just made the face and noises they wanted me to. It worked though, I only pushed a few times and out she came!

Here she is in all her chunky glory. I thought for sure when she came out that she was going to weigh 13 pounds. I had never seen such a giant baby. I was actually relieved that she was only 9.7. Same as her big brother.

Best moment. She was my hardest pregnancy and all I wanted for the last 2 months was for her to be OUT. I instantly fell in love and was happy to finally be able to hold her.

Steve was great as always, and took great care of me.

Ivy's cousin Harlow was born just 15 hours after she was. She's a doll too. I hope we get to meet her soon!

So happy to have their baby sister home!

12 comments:

{lizzythebotanist} said...

i can't even believe that first photo of her is the same girl i saw yesterday! crazy. those cheeks were INSANE. so glad you got photos before they deflated ;) that labor sounds rather awful-and it was your easiest? you vag girls are tough! welcome to the world, beautiful ivy!

Ilene said...

Congrats on your newest baby girl! Wish I was there to kiss all that sweet baby sugar. Ivy Reese... adorable!

Ben & Diane said...

Congrats Em! She is a "little" sweetie. I can't tell you how many women (myself included) that would agree that their 3rd pregnancy was by far the hardest. What is up with that? And all the babies have been girls too. Weird. Have fun with that cute new baby!

Lizzy said...

When all else fails, just make the face!

Congratulations! She is so cute and chubby and looks just plain cuddly. Hope you're adjusting well and feeling good!

Chrissy said...

Congrats and way to go mama! She's beautiful!

Megan and Greg said...

She's such a fatty, I love it! Congrats! Congrats! I've wondered about calling you but knew you probably wouldn't be in a talkative mood. Who knows though. So fun. Babies are so great. I'm so excited to have mine. I can't believe how you're not even sweaty in your pic with her. Oh yes, love the name. Particularly Reese, I don't know. It just works. Hope you're doing well. You sound good in your post. This stage is such the worst stage. I will soon enough be feeling your pain. Oh yeah, the begining and your cervix dilema. Oh! It makes me pain inside thinking about it! Why does delivering babies have to be so hard! It's not fair!!! 3 pushes? Oh I envy you. I couldn't feel ANYTHING with Scarlet and I pushed for hours. It sucked. We'll see what happens with number two. Well, I can't wait for more pics. Your kids look so cute with her. Man, 3 kids. I'm overwhelmed.

Jenni said...

I love her so much! I could look at the pictures all day. I am dying to snuggle her!! We need to talk about getting together! ASAP! I love that picture of all 3 kids. It is just so special to see Easton and Carly with their little sis. And I also LOVE that picture you you with Ivy right when she came out. That moment is the best and makes me all emotional. Harlow and Ivy are going to be BFFs and I cannot WAIT to see it in action! Love you!

Carol said...

So glad to see this post. I miss my little baby girl as well as my big kids. They seem so big now, I bet they do to you too. I just got all my pictures yesterday and keep going over and over them. I love you IVY!

Can't wait to see her again on May 5! Hope you are feeling well. Love to all. Happy Easter!!

Carol said...

So glad to see this post. I miss my little baby girl as well as my big kids. They seem so big now, I bet they do to you too. I just got all my pictures yesterday and keep going over and over them. I love you IVY!

Can't wait to see her again on May 5! Hope you are feeling well. Love to all. Happy Easter!!

Bringhursts said...

I love her! Congrats, guys.

Mary said...

Oh Emily! Love the name Ivy and those cheeks are just kissable. You do hard stuff girl! And now she's here! Hang in there, go easy on yourself and congrats to you and your family!

Sisters: Chunky to Skinny said...

Congrats and how cool to have her cousin born only 15 hrs later. She is beautiful and chunky!