Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In Between the Visits

We have been busy with visitors and having way too much fun, but I feel behind and I hate that. Here are some very important things that need to be documented.I'm so glad my good friend Alison loves the 80's as much as me. To celebrate her 30th birthday we dressed up and went to dinner and a few lucky ones got to go roller skating at the Palms for 80's night. 80's roller skating, are you kidding me? Is there anything better? Sadly I couldn't go (the little girl in me who grew up going to Skate World was so sad...) but next time I'm totally there. Maybe for my 30th. Even though I missed the skating it was a blast getting dressed up and hanging with fun girls and devouring pazookies. And when I say devouring - I mean everyone had a few bites and then I, of course, am ALWAYS the last one scraping the plate and licking it clean (thanks Dad).
There's this train out in Boulder City that we have been to a few times. Easton seems to be more obsessed with trains than ever, so Steve had a free Saturday and took us out there. It was way fun and Easton thought he was pretty special to wear the Conductor hat.

Sigh. Steve surprised me with the most beautiful daffodils. I love them and am sad that they are now dead. I want more. He said maybe next year.

Okay I had to sneak this one in...I'll post more about my brother's trip later, but this pic just kills me. I love these 2 people so much and this picture is THE CUTEST!!

11 comments:

Carol and Bruce said...

What!! I have never been the first one to comment on your blog. I know how busy you have been and didn't expect to see anything new yet. Love the picture of Marc and Carly and can't wait to see more of their time with you. Easton looks exceptionally adorable in the conductors hat and the 80's night looks like a blast. The 80's seem like yesterday to me.
Cute post, have a happy day!

Alifinale said...

YAY for 80's! That was such a fun night. I am so so so glad you dressed up and had fun. And I love that we are two peas in a pod when it come to pizookies (well, minus the whole chocolate thing). I love that we got 2 party platters and scraped them clean.

Love the daffodils. I always thing of you when I see them. Love how obsessed E is with trains. He is the cutest. And love the pic of your bro and Carly. I can't wait to see more.

Lauren said...

You guys look great all dressed up in 80's style, sounds like it was a fun night! What a lucky girl you are to get flowers, major hubby points for sure!

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Looks like your having a ball. I am so glad! How come I never looked that good in the 80's? Just thinking out loud. You and your girl friends look great. Love your kids as always. They are so "stinking" cute!!!!!

Love ya all

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh, that picture! Where did everyone find their clothes? I'm so impressed. Ok, Em. Skate World. There was this Institute FHE long ago back when I was single and we all went to Skate world. I was so bad, I never made it to the rink. I could barely skate on the carpet. It was TERRIBLE!!! What the heck is a pazookie? Easton has the biggest grin in that picture! So sweet.

Christi said...

It was fun dressing up! I am glad you convinced me. Love that picture of Easton, he looks so happy!

Kara said...

Glad you're having fun with all your visitors. Nathan is ready to play with Easton as soon as he's ready! It's been way too long. So, what did you do to get the flowers? I don't remember the last time I got flowers- sheesh- Steve is a great guy. I need a BJ's night, I don't remember the last time I went there with you either. The last time I went there everyone wimped out and we got some stupid little trio that sucked!

Melanie said...

Don't you think Marc looks good with a little girl?? Maybe he needs his own...

Jenni said...

OH my gosh that picture of Marc and Carly!!! SO SO SO TENDER!!! He needs a baby girl!!!!

But mostly I'm just obsessed with your '80s pic! Holy smokes, you guys seriously look like that picture was taken in 1985. Like really, it looks like a flash back. you guys did SO good!! your hair rocks!!

Jill said...

Love it! Love the 80s roller skating party, cutie Easton in his conductor's hat and the daffodils. I don't blame you, I would miss them too! I think I must know what a pizookie is.

Kimi said...

I love that picture of Marc & Carly. Very cute!