Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Go Broncos!

We were so very lucky and right before Christmas my brother and his family came to play with us for 2 days. They wanted to go to the Las Vegas Bowl in which Steve's beloved Broncos were playing. My brother also coaches high school football and one of his past players is on the team. It was soooooooooooo fun!!!!! I loved having family here around Christmas time, and Easton loves playing with his cousins so much.
Waiting to see Santa at Bass Pro. Our sunny, warm weather was gone the 2 days they were here and it rained for 2 days straight, so we had to stay indoors. All the boys were good for Santa and I decided not to torture Carly...or Santa.

Christi was so awesome to watch all of our kids (plus her own) so the adults could go to the game (thanks a ton!!!). We stressed all day about being warm enough or staying dry, and looked at every store in town for rain ponchos(those things are not in abundance in the city of las vegas). We were very prepared to tough it out, but it didn't even rain for a second and it wasn't even too cold! If you know me, that's saying a lot.

Us with Connie and Marc

The younger Bronco fans. Could be my favorite picture of 2010.

The day they left it was dry enough to play at the park for a minute. Caleb probably thought this was the most pathetic tree, but that's what we have to work with here.
It was a quick 2 days but SO much fun. It made Christmas feel a little more special. The Broncos killed Utah by the way.

9 comments:

Tara said...

alright 2 things:

1. yes we got killed. Thanks for rubbing it in jerkface! ha ha

2. You look SO cute in that beanie!

Love ya and glad you had a great time at my team's expense. :)

Aimee said...

Fun, fun! I need to post our bronco pictures too.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying for good weather so we can see four super cute faces tomorrow!!!

Chad and Jessica said...

Oooh, that football game sounds like so much fun. I'm so glad you got to go.

And, I wanted to let you know that your towel post totally inspired me to start using that size towel for after my shower. Why do we need such big towels? I know I sound crazy...but I'm saving myself a lot of laundry...and I know Chad will never go for the idea, but I've already started. : )

Jenni said...

I love everything about this post!! I love the pictures, I love that Marc & Connie and the kids came to see you, I love that Steve got to see his team kill the other team. I LOVE that pic of you and Steve. And am completely obsessed with the pic of all the kids together hahahah Caleb rocks!!!!

I wish i was thereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

The Webb Family said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! Easy on the 'killed Utah' part!! all though it was the truth, & Troy was prepared for the outcome, it was a sad day at our house!!

Christi said...

I am so glad that you guys got to go! The kids were angels too. Your pictures look sooo fun!

Megan and Greg said...

I realize now, I don't think I commented on your last post. That little towel hanging is so funny. I have so been there. Super cute pics, as always- your kids are so dang cute. That is a great pic of you and Steve. It was foreign to see you all bundled up, even in a beanie! I don't know if I've ever seen a pic of you like that since you moved. I miss you guys! I wish you lived closer!

Carol and Bruce said...

I just remembered that you told me you posted new pictures! They are so great. I love that the kids had a chance to play together for a couple days. Caleb told me about his cousins Easton and Carly, they sure had fun. So glad Steve got to see his team win and that it didn't rain on you. What fun!

Jill said...

Super jealous of this trip! I didn't realize all of the adults got to go to the game. That sounds like a blast! Love those Portland Jolleys.