Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Easton!


How cute is this 4 year old pre-school boy?!

Easton:
* Has the cutest smile and laugh
* Is so good to his little sister (most of the time...he doesn't love it when she gets his train tracks)
* Says now that he is 4 he will eat better. Today he even tried a hamburger for the first time ever.
* For months he has thought it was HILARIOUS to wipe off any kisses given to him. It's completely automatic now and he does it EVERY time. I tried to ignore it, hoping he would stop, but he never did. Today I told him that 4 year olds can't wipe off kisses. It took every ounce of will power to stop himself from doing it, but he is trying. We'll see how long it lasts.
* Is already learning so much in pre school. Starting to write letters and improving immensely on his coloring. (I was really worried about his lack of skills in the artistic department...but I don't know why, I am a horrible artist.)
* Loves dinosaurs, trains, tv, playing at the park, going to the library, playing with friends
* Eats fruits and vegetables, and peanut butter and honey. That's about it.
* Is still a sensitive little boy. I love this about him most of the time...but my heart breaks in a thousand pieces when his feelings are hurt (his sad face is sad).
Some of the funny things he says:
* " What you said?" This is how he says ' what did you say?'
* Whenever he yawns he says "I'm not tired! Yawning is just good exercise."
" Carly... Serious?" He usually says this when he is exhausted from trying to get her to not play with his trains.

Just love him to pieces.





Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Lizzy said...

Oh Emily, he is so cute! I'm dying over him wiping off kisses! Hilarious. He is the cutest boy!

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday, EASTON!!! He is so adorable and I can't believe he's 4 already.

Alifinale said...

I love that boy. Happy Birthday yesterday! And I agree he does have the best smile and laugh.

Emily B said...

At least two of the few things he eats are fruits and vegetables. He is such a sweet boy. I loved having him in my class for the few months I taught sunbeams.

Hibbard Family said...

I'm glad I found your blog! Easton is such a cute boy!

Jenni said...

hahahahahahaaaa!!!! Ok "What you said" is my all time favorite, but "yawning is good exercise" is freaking hilarious! And "Carly... seriously?"! hahaha He sounds so grown up. those are killing me. Emily- he really is the cutest thing but it's killing me because he's looking so grown up! I'm so proud of him for trying a hamburger!I really wish I was there.

I LOVE YOU EASTON!!!!!!

Megan and Greg said...

Oh my gosh that was a really cute post. He really does have a cute smile. His little sayings are so funny! 4 years old. I can't believe you've been a Mom that long!

Ben & Diane said...

How cow! I can't believe he is already 4. He is an adorable 4 year old and I am impressed that he only eats 4 things and they are all good for him. Double awesome!

Lani said...

Happy Birthday Easton! I can't believe he is 4 already. My how time flies! I loved the pic of the Chocolate chip cookie with 4 candles! That was priceless! Love you all!

Christi said...

I love Easton!!! I can't believe that he is already 4. I love that he ate/tried a hamburger!!!! Can't wait to party it up tomorrow with him!
OK I just used a ton of exclamation points, but it's just b/c I am so excited.

Rebecca and Nick said...

I just love 4 year old boys now. They are such cuties.

Kara said...

We LOVE Easton too! Don't know what we did with our lives before you moved here and I don't ever want to think about separating Nathan from his best buddy "Eastie"! Can't wait to see how excited he is to open all his presents!

Danielle said...

ahhaha I think my favorite is "Carly...serious?" that is hilarious. He is sooo cute. I love that all of a sudden since he's officially four he's trying harder to eat better and not wipe kisses. Awesome.

Kim said...

I didn't realize that Easton and Isaac were so close in age! He's a real cutie pie. "Carly...seriously?" Too funny! :o)

Teresa, mom, Deitz, Aunt Dee Dee said...

Ahhh. We love him too. Happy Birthday "E" man!!

WASHINGTON SOUTHWORTHS said...

He's FOUR?!?! For some reason I thought his and Ethan's birthdays were a little closer. Well happy birthday to your little dude. He's adorable and I love that he says, "Carly... seriously?!" Ha ha!! :)

Jill said...

Happy b-day Easton! I agree about his smile and laugh. They are completely infectious.

So glad he's loving preschool. It's soooo fun to watch them progress.

I know where he gets his "seriously" from, Mommy!

Brianne said...

Happy Birthday Easton! I can't believe he's already 4!!

And Emily, don't worry too much about the artistic abilities...Austin's almost 7 and still "scribbles" (at least that's what it looks like to me, but he says otherwise). But very artistic in other ways.

Carol and Bruce said...

Wow, I am behind! This is such a cute post. I love how you document what he is up to these days, that is a great idea. He is so adorable and we love him so much! Everything he says is cute and he is actually right about the yawning, I read recently that it isn't because we are tired but that our brain needs oxygen. I don't know about that???

Love you Easton!!

Paul & Ashley Justensen Family said...

What cute picturs. It is amazing how quickly they grow up. It is great to see such fun pictures of you guys!